This is a quick guide to teach you how you can type shrug emoji in no more than one second in any of your chatting or texting application.
Everybody loves to use Emojis (Emoticons) to bring emotions and feelings to the text chats. Although these days, we simply need to choose and tap on the required emoticon to send from the huge and well-organized list of emojis but still typed emojis are simply sometimes better and faster to send. Typed Emojis also reminds of old times when visual emojis were no option.
Shrug Emoji ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ is one of the widely used emojis and wouldn’t it be great if you just have to type shrug in order to send the other user the actually typed shrug emoji? Well, that’s what we’re going to learn in this article. I’ll teach you how you can use the Autocorrect feature in Windows, Mac, iOS or Android to quickly type the shrug emoji in no more than 1 second.
There are emojis like the smiley emoji 🙂 which is really quick and easy to type but a shrug emoji is something that is really complex to type. So, whenever suddenly somebody feels like making use of the shrug emoji, most of the people prefer to search online and copy it from a website like copyshrug.com
But if you want to use this typed emoji, again and again, it is simply not a good idea to keep revisiting the website whenever you need to send the shrug emoji. This process of visiting the website to copy the emoji, again and again, will be too annoying and if you’re using a smartphone or other mobile device, it will be terrible and too much time-consuming process.
How To Type Shrug Emoji in 1 Second?
The method that I’m going to tell you today is nothing new but is one of the simplest hacks that everybody can do to type as many complex emojis as he or she wanted in just one second. All you need to make use of the autocorrect feature provided in keyboards and typing settings of most of the devices and operating systems. Given below is the tutorial to set autocorrect or suggestion replacement features in the four most popular operating systems, Android, iOS, Mac and Windows.
Note. For all of the steps for different devices and operating systems given below, one step is common and that is you have to copy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ to clipboard.
- Go To Settings and Tap on System.
- Here choose Languages & input from the list.
- Now, tap on Advanced Options and here from the expanded list, choose Personal Dictionary.
- Tap on the + button.
- Now, type any keyword let’s say shrug, for which you want the shrug emoji suggestion or autocorrect.
- Paste the actual copied typed shrug emoji in the word field.
Similarly, the shortcut and suggestion settings can be done on other operating systems.
In iPhone, instead of Personal Dictionary, you need to add the shortcut in the Text Replacement feature and the steps of the complete process are given below.
- Go to Settings and tap General
- Now, Tap on Keyword option and then choose Replacement
- Click on the + button to add a new shortcut word.
- In the shortcut field, type the shortcut key, let’s say shrug and paste the typed shrug emoji in the Phrase field.
- Use it anywhere now across different applications on your iPhone.
The steps to quick type shrug emoji in Mac OS are given below.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Click on Keyboard and then choose the Text option.
- Now, enter the copied emoji text in the With box and type the shortcut key, let’s say shrug in the Replace box.
That’s it. You’re done setting Shortcut for Shrug Emoji in the Mac OS.
Windows do not have a suggestion & auto-correction feature similar to other operating systems mentioned in this article. To set replacement shortcuts in the Windows OS, you have to rely on one of the available third-party tools like the one offered by PhraseExpress.com. But if you’re using Windows 10, then there’s a better and handy tutorial that let you achieve similar suggestion kind of thing. Here’s the link to the tutorial by WindowsCentral.com.
In some cases, people complaint they are not getting suggestions even after adding the word into the dictionary. It is because you might have turned off the suggestion bar in the Language & Keyword settings. Simply turn on the autocorrection or suggestion features in your device.
Other Suggested Readings.
- Best Business Phone Services
- Favicon – What It is, How To Create & Add To Website
- JPG Vs PNG Comparison – Which is Better? (Quality & Size)
I hope you found this guide helpful. If so, do share it with others who might find it helpful as well and Don’t forget to subscribe to WTMatter.
Feel free to ask any kind of questions related to this article in the comments section given below.