This is a quick tutorial on how to check the organic (search-engine driven) traffic of a particular website using the popular keyword analysis tool SEMrush.
Steps to check a Website’s Organic Traffic with SEMrush
- Go to semrush.com
- In the search bar, type the domain name of the website for which you want to check the Google traffic. Also right after the search bar, also choose the country to check the traffic.
- If you do have an account with SEMrush, it will prompt you to create one, you can quickly create one by entering your email address and then choosing a password for your account.
- After this, you’ll be redirected to a page asking you to choose a plan. You can either choose the Pro plan or the Guru plan. For both of them, they offer free 7 day Trial with a valid credit card. You can also skip the trial if you just want to test SEMrush for Free.
- Then you’ll be asked to choose your area of interest, you can simply skip this step for now by clicking on the Skip this step link given at the top right of the page window.
- After that main SEMrush dashboard page will open and here in the search bar, type the domain name of the website for which you want to check the traffic and also make sure in the dropdown exactly to the left of the search bar’s typing area, the Domain Overview option is selected. Simply click on the search button to proceed.
- Now, the overview for the search domain will come up in front of you. Here you can check a lot of information about that particular website including the Organic Search Engine Traffic as shown in the following screenshot.
You can also check various other parameters like the Domain Authority Score estimated by SEMrush, the number of backlinks, paid traffic, traffic variation over time, top keywords, etc.
If you want to explore this Wonderful tool SEMrush, please check out the following linked article.
With the Free plan, you won’t get much information and you will only be able to check about 10 domains or keywords at maximum. To get most out of SEMrush, you need to subscribe to one of the premium plans of SEMrush.
Also, follow the link given below to get the instructions to get a free 7 day trial of SEMrush.
- Best Websites To Check Google Keyword Rankings
- What is SEO? Types, Techniques, Terminology and More
- On-Page SEO – Techniques To Rank Your Website Higher